Looks like good skiing at Afterglow! From their "Ski Conditions" page:
Good day to utilize our huge warm up room and relax around the fire.
Full depth, solid, consistent, and firm classic tracks. Super smooth, firm, flat and even skate lanes. Solid pole plants. Trails have been groomed 31 times this season.
Ski Trails at Afterglow are groomed on average 5.5 times a week over any season. For the best possible results, we almost only groom at night. One person does all the grooming, which adds to quality and consistency. We have 8 miles of marked snowshoe trails, which run all around our private 33 acre lake. We also have a large warm up room overlooking Afterglow Lake. With the cold weather, you can relax in our warm up room waiting on the diehards in your group. See you Wednesday.
But dress warmly and bring a ski mask! it may be windy at Maasto Hiito on Sunday, similar to other years. Here's the current weather forecast:
- New Year's DaySnow showers with areas of blowing snow before 9am, then snow showers likely with areas of blowing snow after 9am. Temperature falling to around 15 by 9am. Wind chill values between -5 and 5. Blustery, with a northwest wind 15 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 35 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- Thursday NightSnow showers likely. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 4. Wind chill values between -10 and zero. Northwest wind 5 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
- FridayA 50 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 17. West wind 5 to 10 mph.
- Friday NightA 50 percent chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10.
- SaturdayA 50 percent chance of snow. Cloudy, with a high near 24.
- Saturday NightSnow likely. Cloudy, with a low around 9.
- SundaySnow likely with patchy blowing snow. Cloudy, with a high near 12.